Introduction: Wizard Paper Hat
Paper is an incredible building tool and an accessible way to expand our understanding of 3D modeling. Let's build a classic Wizard newspaper hat in the fourth of 8 Simple Newspaper Hat Tutorials. << Click the link to view the whole collection :)
Teachers and Parents:
For more details on how to extended this project for additional learning check out further resources in step 3. Topics include: History, Merlin, Druids, and Mythology.
- Two Sheet of Newspaper. *Note: You can also use a large flyer or wrapping paper.
- Lay two sheets of newspaper on top of each other - using two sheets will give more structure to your hat.
- Starting on one edge, slowly roll your newspapers into a long cone.
- Make sure that the "open" end at the bottom is large enough to fit around your head.
- Apply tape along the seam of the newspaper edge to secure in place.
Open along the bottom and place atop your head !
Step 3: Extended Learning
History, Merlin, Druids, Mythology
Legends of The Isles: Merlin The Wizard
3D Designing with Tinkercad: