Introduction: The Best Nutella and Lotus Rolls
Since I was little, I used to bake in my free time. For events, family, friends or even for myself.
Every time I was baking I felt like I am making an experiment and I've never wrote down my recipes.
One day, I was making Challah and i had leftovers of dough, so i decided to upgrade it and add Nutella chocolate and it was ended with something that looked like Rugelach.
After it vanished in an hour, I realize it is a successful experiment.
The second time I've made it, I tried to make them to be more in the shape of rolls.
This recipe is fairly easy to make, and in this Instructable I will demonstrate the whole process.
Hope you will enjoy it ! (:
Step 1: Ingredients and Tools
Ingredients for the dough:
4 cup all-purpose flour
25g dry yeast
1 vanilla instant pudding
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 tps. salt
- 1 eggs
- Lotus Biscoff Spread
- Large bowl
- Clean kitchen towel
- Rolling pit
- Egg brush
*TIP*: Preheat the oven to 190°C
Step 2: Mix
- Mix all of the mentioned ingredients (for the dough) in a stand mixer for 5 minutes on speed level two and 7 minutes on speed level four.
- The dough should be smooth after mixing and make sure it is not sticking to the bowl.
Step 3: Let the Dough Rise
- Cover the dough and let it rest for a total of 30 minutes at 20-22°C
Step 4: Preparations
While the dough rests we will prepare:
- the surface on which we will place the rolls - place baking paper on a baking pan.
- the surface on which we will work - sprinkle flour on a clean space.
Optional: play tic-tac-toe while waiting.
Step 5: Status Check
- Check if the dough rise double than it was.
- Take out the dough and put it on the floured surface.
Step 6: Filling
- Take a small piece of dough - in a size of a fist.
- Roll down using the rolling pin.
- Spread Nutella or Lotus Spread as you wish.
- Gently roll the dough.
- Cut the edges off and cut the rest into equal pieces.
Place in the baking pan.
Step 7: Egg Wash
Scrumble an egg into a small bowl.
Use the egg brush and brush all the rolls.
Step 8: Baking Time
- Preheat the oven to 190°C
Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Step 9: Done!
Finally, you can make a cup of coffee and enjoy!