Introduction: Sparkly Chocolate Coffee Crinkle Cookies
Last year, I met with a friend for a cookie bake sunday afternoon and we made 7 different cookie recipes.
This year, when I looked up my cookie tray image from last year I decided I need to make this chocolate coffee crinkle (or crackle) cookies again. They were so soft, and rich in taste and fluffy. Just delicious.
Almost enough for its own, but this time I wanted to add some sparkle to it, and it worked :-)
So enjoy your sparkly* chocolate cofffee crinkle cookies (which don't taste very much like coffee).
*unfortunately, it is very hard to see the sparkle effect on the pictures, but trust me it is there, and it's the hint of glamour, which your usual cookies miss ;-)
Step 1: Ingredients and Tools
- 100gr wheat flour
- 1ts baking powder
- 60gr natural cocoa powder
- 100gr ground hazelnuts
- 150gr fine sugar
- 1/2 ts salt
- 60gr neutral oil (I used canola oil)
- 2 medium eggs
- 2-3 instant coffee powder (I used 2 ts of instant espresso powder)
- confectioners’ sugar
- edible golden glimmer powder
- mixer with beaters and dough hooks
- kitchen sieve
- 2 bowls
- parchment paper
- baking tray
Step 2: Prepare Your Dry Ingredients
- Use a table spoon to sift the flour through a kitchen sieve to get rid of any lumps.
- Repeat the sifting with the the natural cocoa powder.
- Add the baking powder.
- Add the ground hazelnuts.
- Mix all with a spoon and set aside.
Step 3: Prepare Your Wet Ingredients and Combine With the Dry Ingredients
- Combine sugar, salt, the oil, the 2 eggs and the instant coffee powder into a second bowl.
- Whisk all together until the mixture is foamy (this takes approx. 5min)
- Change the beater to dough hooks.
- Mix as long as necessary and as short as possible to receive a shiny dark dough.
- Cover the bowl and set to your fridge (or outside, if cold enough) for at least 2 hour.
Step 4: Roll and Dip
- Preheat your oven to 180° C
- sift some confectioners sugar on a plate and add some of your shimmering gold powder to it. Mix.
- Take of a hazlenut size piece of dough and roll to a ball.
- Coat in the golden confectioners sugar util completly covered and roll again in your hands to get rid of to much sugar.
- Set on baking pan with parchment paper.
- Bake tray for tray on the middle of your oven for approx. 12-15min (this depends on your oven and the size of your cookies. They should crackle, but should'nt dry out.
Step 5: Have a Look at Your Cookies
The cookies should cool down before moving, otherwise they might break or crumble.
The golden shimmer is everywhere, but if it isn't enough for you, you might add some more golden poweder with a (clean) brush.
Step 6: Enjoy Your Sparkly Moments
And then surprise your family and friends with glamorous and delicious chocolate coffee crinkle cookies which are way to good to keep in a box for a long time.
Sparkly holidays for all :-)
Second Prize in the
Cookies Speed Challenge