Introduction: Rainbow Chevron Bracelet
Hai friends, here I am going to explain how to make rainbow chevron bracelet. Though it might look complex to make it is actually very easy all you have to know is how to do forward knot and backward knot. Well what are we waiting for? Let's do this.
All you need is
- Embroidery threads - 60 inches each ( take more of the colour whichever you're using to make loop.)
Since we are making rainbow colored one we need red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet. Some of you might be thinking 'hey where is indigo color?' Well since both blue and indigo look almost same decided to go with just blue.
Step 1: Making Loop
Before we start making loop you have know how to do forward knot and backward knot.
- Backword knot
As in the first figure.
- Forward knot
As in the second figure. It's just the mirror image of backward knot.
Now to make loop, tape the all threads together in center as in th figure. Thenall you have to do is just do forward and backward knots alternatively. You have repeat this until it is enough to make a button hole. Ta da! loop is ready.
Step 2: Making Bracelet
- First we have to tape it over the loop. So that we don't have any problem in weaving the bracelet.
- Separate all the threads as in the figure.
- Now it is important that we choose a specific color order for our bracelet, other wise it can get pretty confusing. Here I am take the order V B G Y O R. Well it's easy to remember. You can use another order too.
- While separating the threads just place it in the order you want from right and left most to the center. I am using violet first then blue then green...
- Since we want violet first, take violet thread from your left, then do forward knot with next one. Remember to do this twice. We have to do this in every thread with chosen color(violet).
- Repeat this with all colors till the center.
- Now take violet thread from your right, then do backward knot twice.
- After this we will get violet from both sides in center. Again do forward knot twice. Remember to do this tightly, otherwise there will be space between knots. Let me tell you it is not good sight to see.
- Now you repeat it with blue, green, yellow, orange and red respectively.
- Repeat this until it fits your wrist.
Step 3: Fitting Button
- To fix button take any color of thread pass it through the holes in the button. Then pull the thread tightly.
- Take all the threads in two.
- Now do forward knot twice .
- Remove the excess thread.
YES, we did it. Our rainbow color chevron bracelet is ready.
If you have any doubt in any of the step just watch the video you we definitely get it right.
Participated in the
Colors of the Rainbow Contest