Introduction: Make Matcha Affogato at Home Effortlessly
A scoop of ice cream spiked in a warm splash of matcha yields a nice bittersweet contrast with a subtle hint of umami. Here’s a simple matcha dessert recipe that you can whip up and enjoy in less than 5 minutes. A delightfully indulgent treat for special occasions. For this recipe, you will need a matcha whisk or a hand mixer to make the matcha mixture.
Step 1: Ingredients + Tools
- Vanilla ice cream (or any of your preferred flavor)
- 1 tsp of matcha powder
- 1.5 oz of water at a temperature of 175F (80C)
Bamboo whisk or a hand mixer will do too!
Step 2: Instructions
1. Measure out 1 tsp matcha powder and 1.5 oz of water at 175F (80C) into a bowl and whisk the matcha mixture until it completely dissolves any clumps.
2. Scoop the vanilla ice cream in a cup or a small bowl.
3. Pour the warm matcha shot over the ice cream and enjoy!