Introduction: How to Recover Vanity Chair in 6 Easy Steps!
6 simple steps to recover chairs!
- electric screwdriver
- marker to trace with
- staple gun
Step 1: Remove Cushion
- Flip chair over and use electric screwdriver to remove screws that are keeping cushion attached.
- Old fabric can be removed but is not necessary
Step 2: Preparing to Cut New Fabric
- To cut the new fabric, place cushion upside down on fabric (bottom side up) and trace with marker
- Don't cut yet!
Step 3: Cutting Fabric
- Add 2 extra inches to that and then cut. This ensures that there will be enough fabric to cover.
- When buying fabric it is always better to get MORE than less! Even if that means having some left over! It can always be used for another project :)
Step 4: Attaching the Fabric
- Once fabric has been cut place it over the cushion to get an idea of how it will look and to make sure there is an adequate amount of fabric to cover.
Step 5: Stapling the Fabric Onto Cushion
- Now start stapling fabric to the back side of cushion. Try to hold the fabric tight while stapling.
Step 6: Screw Cushion Back Onto Chair
- Use electric screwdriver to screw cushion back onto chair