Introduction: How to Make LED Cube | LED Cube 4x4x4
An LED Cube can be thought of as an LED screen, in which simple 5mm
LED’s play the role of digital pixels. A LED cube allows us to create images and patterns by using the concept of an optical phenomenon known as persistence of vision (POV). So, In this tutorial, we will go over a step by step procedure on how to build a 4x4x4 LED cube using an Arduino nano. The cube has 64 blue LEDs that make up its 4 layers (positives) and 16 columns (negatives).
We extend our heartfelt gratitude towards JLCPCB for sponsoring projects on this website & Youtube Channel. JLCPCB is the Best PCB Prototype Assembly & Manufacturing Company in China. Situated in Hangzhou, JLCPCB
caters to all of your PCB design needs, offering the best service you will ever experience in terms of Design Quality, Pre & Post sales support & Fast Delivery time. We at Circuits-Diy strongly recommend ordering PCBs from JLCPCB. Simply, signup for a new account on the JLCPCB website, fill in your board’s physical parameters & upload the Gerber File. It’s as simple as that!. Get an Instant PCB quote by visiting their website today!.
Step 1: Code
Step 2: Circuit Diagram
Step 3: Steps
Follow all steps carefully from the video tutorial at the end of this post (Highly Recommended).
1) Take a 5×5 inch card piece and then make 9 square boxes with 1×1 inch spacing
2) Drill 5mm Hole to the corner of all boxes
3) Bend negative leg of LED with the help of a Screw Driver
4) Mark Arrow on Card Piece and then Insert all LED (negative leg ) facing the arrow.
5) Then solder all positive leg of the 16 LED with a silver wire & then test the LED using a multimeter.
6) After making 4-row using similar technique connect all negative leg of led using silver wires
7) Connect L1, L2, L3, & L4 To Common positive of Row1, Row2, Row3, & Row4 Respectively
8) Then Solder Header onto the PCB Board
9) Solder Resistors
10) Upload code and Power up circuit
Participated in the
Arduino Contest 2019