Introduction: Hassle Back Potatoes
This simple potato recipe will soon become a family favourite. My mom used to make something similar to this and season it with Seasoning Salt. We prefer our potatoes with Kosher Salt and Pepper and fresh herbs.
- Depends on how many people are eating, you will need one potato for each person.
- Vegetable Oil.
- Kosher Salt
- Green Onions or any type of fresh herbs
- Cutting Board
- Small pairing knife
- Large Chef knife or any knife you feel comfortable cutting with.
- Metal or disposable Chopsticks
- Baking Sheet
Step 1: Prepping the Potatoes.
1. Preheat your oven to 400*
2. Wash your potatoes.
3. Using your small pairing knife, cut out any potato eyes or bruises.
4. Place the chop sticks on either side of the potato, ensuring they are pressed up close.
5. Using the Chef knife, slice the potato until you hit the chop stick.
6. Repeat this action all the way down the potato spacing about 1/4 inch apart.
Step 2: Time to Season.
1. Season your potatoes with oil. Try to separate each potato as you dizzel oil between the slices.
2. Season with Kosher salt.
3. Season with Pepper.
Step 3: Opps!
- If you accidentally cut one of the ends off like I did no need to worry. Use two wooden tooth picks to secure the loose piece.
1. Once your potatoes are cooked, remove from the oven.
2. Finely chop your green onion or your fresh herbs.
3. Place the onion or herbs in between the slices of your potatoes.
4. Ready to serve. Enjoy.
Participated in the
Potato Speed Challenge