Introduction: Halloween Popsicle Stick Craft
What I have for you today will let you have a fun time making crafts with your children. I’m going to show you how to make the decorations of the season with this craft. In this craft I will show you how to make a mummy, pumpkin, Frankenstein, and a vampire! With just a few supplies, you can create these fun characters out of popsicle sticks.
- Regular craft sticks
- Mini craft sticks
- Small googly eyes
- Acrylic Paint – I used white, orange, lime green, purple, black, and peach (skin tone).
- Felt – I used white, black, and red.
- Construction paper – I used brown, and green.
- Buttons – 2 Small black buttons
- Hot Glue – using hot glue will help the felt stay on.
Step 1: Glue the Popsicle Sticks Together
1. First, start by gluing the popsicle sticks together. Line up 5 mini sticks for the pumpkin and four regular sticks for the mummy, Frankenstein, and vampire. Glue one mini stick to the back of the pumpkin and two to the backs of the rest. This will help keep all the sticks together.
Step 2: Paint the Popsicle Sticks
1. Paint the popsicle sticks.
Paint the pumpkin orange.
Paint the mummy white.
Paint the top of the Frankenstein green and the bottom purple.
Finally, paint the top of the vampire peach and the bottom black.
Step 3: Decorating the Pumpkin
1.Cut out the pumpkin eyes, nose, and mouth from
black felt and glue to the front.
2.Cut out a stem from brown cardstock and glue to the top back of the pumpkin.
Cut out a thin, long piece of green cardstock and wrap it around a pencil or pen to make it curl. Glue the the paper to the back of the pumpkin.
Step 4: Decorating the Mummy
1.Glue on 2 small googly eyes.
2.Cut out strips of white felt and wrap around the popsicle sticks. Glue to the back.
Step 5: Decorating the Frankenstein
1.Paint the hair on Frankenstein with some black
2.Cut out two small strips of black felt and glue to the face for the eyebrows and mouth.
3.Glue googly eyes on top of the eyebrows.
4.Glue two black buttons to the purple part of the popsicle sticks.
Step 6: Decorating the Vampire
1.Paint the hair on with black paint. Makes a peak
so the it comes down close to where the eyes will be.
2. Glue on googly eyes.
3.Draw a mouth with a black sharpie.
4.Cut out a narrow triangle from white felt and glue
to the top of the black area.
5.Add two small triangles from white felt for teeth.
6.Cut out a bow from red felt and glue on top of the white felt.
7.Cut out a large triangle shape from red felt and glue to the back of the vampire.
Step 7: All Done!!!
Now you’re Popsicle Stick Halloween Craft is finished!!!