Introduction: Easy Matcha Green Tea Cookies With White Chocolate Chips
A delicious, soft and comforting matcha green tea cookie is just what you need as a tasty snack or a holiday treat. This quick and easy matcha green tea cookie with white chocolate chips delights you with every bite. There are various cookie recipes out there, and everyone has their own favorite. But whether you’re a matcha lover or a frequent baker exploring the realm of flavors, this easy matcha green tea cookie with white chocolate chip recipe is one that you should definitely try. All it needs is just ten minutes of baking time and a little preparation ahead.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
Yields: 10 matcha cookies
Step 1: Tools + Ingredients
- 7 oz all-purpose flour
- 5 oz white caster sugar
- 4 oz unsalted butter
- 4 oz brown sugar
- 2 oz white chocolate chips
- 10 tbsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
A stand mixer and an oven.
Step 2: Instructions
1. First, mix the butter, white sugar and brown sugar together in a stand mixer on medium. Gradually increase the speed until evenly mixed.
2. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and matcha powder.
3. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract, gradually lower your mixer speed setting until everything is evenly incorporated and you get a dough-like texture.
4. Add white chocolate chips and mix in evenly.
5. Portion the dough out onto a baking tray. We love our cookies bite-sized, so we weighed out about 0.35 oz of dough per cookie and shaped them into a ball.
6. Preheat the oven to 320F (160C) and bake for 10 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!