Introduction: DECORATIVE SCORCHED LIGHT BULB
Just a little creativity, a little dexterity, we can "turn" old or broken things in our house which seemingly are no longer worth for using, into impressive and unique decorations.
I have collected some broken bulbs, in which some of bulbs were burnt out and has some black scorch marks inside the bulb. Today, I would like to share how to turn this broken bulb into a decorative lamps that nobody think it can be lighted up with some different colors and modes by remote control.
When my friend visit my home, I think they would be surprised and delighted with this unique broken-scorched bulb.
Step 1: THINGS WE NEED
- 1pcs x Broken lamp with scorched marks inside the bulb. We can use a broken LED Long Tube Filament Bulbs or Incandescent Tube Bulbs. Don't use mercury-containing light bulbs because they can cause injuries and illnesses.
- 1pcs x 5050 RGB 300 SMD LED Strip. It is included IR 24 Key Remote Controller & Remote Control Receiver.
- 1pcs x Male DC Power Plug Socket Jack Connector.
- 2pcs x Female DC Power Plug Socket Jack Connector.
- 1pcs x PVC pipe with diameter following the bulb size.
- 2m x Flexible braided copper wires. You can check at: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/copper-bra...
- 1pcs x Power Supply Adapter 12VDC.
- Small Hand Saw.
- Hot Glue Gun.
- Super Strong Glue 502.
Step 2: ASSEMBLY
- Firstly, I selected a broken and scorched bulb, then cutting the bulb socket by hand saw.
- The bulb socket has spiral grooves, we can cut at the first spiral groove it would not reach the glass part of the light bulb.
- I measured the bulb part made by glass. Then I cut PVC pipe in a suitable length.
- I opened the RGB LED control box, removed the plastic box and used the inside PCB. Make sure that the bulb socket can contain this control PCB.
- I wrapped the LEDs strip around this PVC pipe and connected it to the header control pins of RGB control PCB.
- I fixed led tube and control PCB board by gluing them with hot glue gun. The cut bulb socket part was also glued together with led tube and control PCB at the end.
- We can see the power supply female jack 12VDC and IR receiver of RGB control PCB at the bulb socket end.
- I inserted the led tube inside the light bulb.
- After placing led tube inside the bulb, I did some alignments and glued 2 pieces of bulb sockets by super strong glue.
- To hide the power supply cable, I thread it inside the flexible braided copper wires. This braided copper can be taken from the multi-cores braided shield control cables which is used in noisy industrial field or we can buy it from the market. To hang this decorative lamp, I used 2 small steel rods and bent them following spiral grooves of bulb socket.
- Picture below shows the braided copper wires and steel hanger after their assembly.
- Finish. It looks not bad.
Step 3: LAMP INSTALLATION
- To hide the power supply cable from adapter 12VDC, I used the remaining flexible braided copper wires.
- Because heat is generated during the lighting process, I have to thread a small tube at lamp socket so that the heat can be released.
- Finally, I hung this broken decorative lamp on the wall, connected it to power supply 12VDC. I made some adjustments to ensure all electronic components and cables were not visible.
- And I can secretly light it up by remote control.
Step 4: FINISH
The using old or broken things to decorate our home is a unique idea to refresh our living space, making our home more attractive and livelier.
Thank for your reading!!!
Participated in the