Introduction: Control LED Blinking Pulses With a Potentiometer
In this tutorial we will learn how to control the LED Blinking pulses with a potentiometer.
Watch a demonstration video.
Step 1: What You Will Need
- Arduino UNO (or any other Arduino)
- Jumper wires
- Visuino program: Download Visuino
Step 2: The Circuit
- Connect potentiometer pin [DTB] to arduino analog pin [A0]
- Connect potentiometer pin [VCC] to arduino pin [5V]
- Connect potentiometer pin [GND] to arduino pin [GND]
- Connect LED positive pin to Arduino digital pin 
- Connect LED positive pin to Arduino pin [GND]
Step 3: Start Visuino, and Select the Arduino UNO Board Type
To start programming the Arduino, you will need to have the Arduino IDE installed from here: https://www.arduino.cc/.
Please be aware that there are some critical bugs in Arduino IDE 1.6.6. Make sure that you install 1.6.7 or higher, otherwise this Instructable will not work! If you have not done follow the steps in this Instructable to setup the Arduino IDE to program Arduino UNO! The Visuino: https://www.visuino.eu also needs to be installed. Start Visuino as shown in the first picture Click on the "Tools" button on the Arduino component (Picture 1) in Visuino When the dialog appears, select "Arduino UNO" as shown on Picture 2
Step 4: In Visuino ADD & Connect Components
- Add "Pulse Generator" component
In the properties window select "Frequency" and click on the pin icon and select "Float SinkPin"
- Add "Multiply Analog By Value" component and in the properties window set "Value" to 10
- Connect Arduino AnalogIn  to "MultiplyByValue1" pin[In]
- Connect "MultiplyByValue1" pin [Out] to "PulseGenerator1" pin[Frequency]
- Connect "PulseGenerator1" pin[Out] to Arduino digital pin
Step 5: Generate, Compile, and Upload the Arduino Code
In Visuino, Press F9 or click on the button shown on Picture 1 to generate the Arduino code, and open the Arduino IDE
In the Arduino IDE, click on the Upload button, to compile and upload the code (Picture 2)
Step 6: Play
If you power the Arduino UNO module, and change the potentiometer position the LED will change its blinking frequency.
Congratulations! You have completed your project with Visuino. Also attached is the Visuino project, that I created for this Instructable, you can download it here and open it in Visuino: https://www.visuino.eu