By John Helfen
Air power has been harnessed for centuries to power the sails of boats or create the mechanical motion of a windmill. In this project, you will harness the power of air captured in a balloon to power a 3D printed car you are going to design and print. In this project you will:
- Design a body for your 3D printed car.
- Create a path for air to exit the balloon in a way that will power your car.
- Create wheels and axles for your car to roll on.
This project aligns with the following standards:
Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- ETS1: Engineering Design
- PS2: Motion and Stability: Forces and Interactions
Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
- RI: Reading Informational Text