Introduction: 10W RGB Outside Night Lamp Remote
This project is a 10W RGB led lamp for the night, it can be placed next to you and provide you with hours of mood lighting.
I was inspired by Balad Lamp present in France but a bit powerfull (the commercial version is about 3W, mine 10W) and more cheap (commercial version around 150€ and mine 30€).
It's full remoting with a wifi led controller, with an additionnal protecting driver. Remoting with Smartphone or IR remote. You could put own color with own brigthness.
The 3d printed case brings a finish certainly not necessarily aesthetic but quite modern touch.
3 elements 18650 Samsung 22F 2200mAh bring the power of the system. They could give 4,4A at 3,6V nominal, therefore greater than the 10W of the led.
Charge need 5V 1A supply.
Step 1: Part List
For this you need:
- 10W RGB Led : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32705751357.html?sp...
- Dissipator 40mm x 50mm x 10mm
- x3 18650 elements: https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32601789077.html?sp...
- Wifi IR Remote: https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/4000798991746.html?...
- 2W 20 ohm resistor https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32723064144.html?sp...
- x2 1W 10 ohm resistors https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005001479165408.ht...
- Prototype board https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/4000817854796.html?...
- 03962A 18650 battery charger https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32986135934.html?sp...
- 2 step up converter https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32976418369.html?sp...
- Iron soldering station https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/33021760799.html?sp...
Step 2: Wiring
There is some part of wiring:
- Driver part
- Led part
- Power part
- Battery Part
1 - Battery part
I use XT60 connector at positive and negative sides of my 3 elements 18650 for controlling the power easily
(Don't solder under power), may you need to solder 3 positive elements together and 3 negative together before soldering XT60 connector male.
2 - Power Part
Soldering XT60 connector female to 03962A battery charger. Positive on B+ and negative to B-. Add one wire for B+ and B- for step up converters. Connect a male DC connector on Input of 03962A.
Connect the two inputs of step up converters to B+ and B- of 03962A.
Connect the battery with XT60 and adjust the output of step up to 12V with potentiometers. Use a multimeter for calibrate.
When it's 12V disconnect the XT60. Connect the step up output together, and connect the interruptor to the negative outputs, the second pin of button could be solder to DC female connector negative pin. Bring a wire of the positive of step up output converters to DC female connector.
Connect XT60 battery and check you have 12V on the connector.
Connect 5V 1A to DC male connector and charge and check the battery part.
When battery is Ok, disconnect XT60 and change the SMD led for 5mm leds.
3 - Driver part
Soldering the four wires of Wifi output controllers pins, yellow for 12V, red to 2W 20ohm, blue to 1W 10 ohm, green to 1W 10 ohm, maybe you need to solder them on a prototype board and solder a color wires for identify them.
At the second side of resistors, solder fours wires with same color as the other side.
4 - Led part
Identify the pins of RGB chip and soldering the good wires colors of step 3 to the chip.
LED goes hot after second of utilisation, request thermal dissipator.
Finally connect XT60 battery, the DC female of power part to wifi module and push the button for powering the system.
Next step is downloading and installing the app for remote the LED or use the IR remote to test the colors.
Step 3: Test System
Test the colors and the reaction of your 10W led with remote or with the wifi application.
Step 4: 3D Print
Print the five part of the enclosure.
- Battery part
- Power part
- Driver part
- Led part
- Cover or Light part
Assemble them with 12 M3 metal screw on the holes
Step 5: Assembly
Assembly the lamp with the following steps like this:
- Put battery pack on the Battery Part print.
- Pass the XT60 connector through the hole of the Power Part print and screw them together.
- Pass the DC connector through the hole of Driver part and screw the part together.
- Put the rgb led on the Led part, screw it and throught the 4 wires cables on the hole of bottom
- Connect 4 wires to led driver by desoldering and re soldering them again, connect to the Wifi module and screw two print together.
- Screwing the protection cover of lamp